Last updated 1st June, 2022
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the TOM STANNILAND community (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
When you visit our website www.tomstanniland.com (the “Website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website), We are grateful for your trust in entrusting us with your personal data.
We take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We hope that this privacy notice will help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you will take the time to read it thoroughly because it is very important. If you do not consent with any of the terms in this privacy notice, please stop using our services instantly.
This privacy notice covers all data collected through our Services (which, as previously stated, includes our Website), as well as any marketing, sales, related services, or events.
Please take the time to read this privacy notice thoroughly as it will explain how we use the information we collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Brief: Personal information that you provide to us is collected.
When you make a purchase on the Website, express an interest in learning more about us or our products and services, participate in activities on the Website, or otherwise contact us, we collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us.
We collect personal information about you based on your interactions with us and the Website, your choices, and the products and features you use. We may collect the following types of personal information:
Personal Information Provided by You. Names, email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, billing addresses, contact preferences, and other similar data are collected by us.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by PayPal. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
You must provide us with true, complete, and accurate personal information, and you must inform us of any changes to that information.
Information automatically collected
In Brief: When you visit our Website, some information is automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics.
When you visit, use, or navigate the Website, we collect certain information automatically. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but it may include device and usage data, such as your IP address, country, location, operating system, browser and device characteristics, device name, referring URLs, language preferences, information about how and when you use our Website, and other technical data. This information is primarily used to keep our Website secure and operational, as well as for internal analytics and reporting.
We, like many other businesses, gather information using cookies and other similar technologies.
Information we collect includes:
- Data from the logs and usage. When you access or use our Website, our servers automatically collect service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information, which we record in log files. This log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, information about your activity on the Website (such as date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes referred to as “crash dumps”), and hardware settings), depending on how you interact with us.
- Data from the device. We gather information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device that you use to access the Website. This device data could include things like your IP address (or proxy server), hardware model, location, browser type, device and application identification numbers, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, system configuration information and operating system depending on the device.
- Location Data. We gather location data, which can be precise or imprecise, such as information about your device’s location.The type and settings of the device you use to access the Website determine how much information we collect.For example, we may collect geolocation data about your current location using GPS and other technologies (based on your IP address). You can refuse to allow us to collect this information by either refusing access to the data or disabling your device’s Location setting. However, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services if you choose to opt out.
2. HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Brief: We use your information for legitimate business purposes, to complete our contract with you, to comply with our legal obligations, and/or with your permission.
Personal information collected through our Website is used for a variety of business purposes, as detailed below. We process your personal information for these purposes based on our legitimate business interests, with your consent, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, and/or to comply with our legal obligations. Next to each of the purposes listed below, we list the specific processing grounds we rely on.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- For account creation and logon processing. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- Make a request for feedback. We may use your information to contact you about the use our Website and to request feedback.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- For the purpose of sending you administrative information. We may use your private information to send you information about our products, services, and new features, as well as notices of changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To keep our services safe. As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure, we may use your information (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- For business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or in connection with our contract, we will enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- In order to respond to legal requests and to avoid harm. In order to determine how to respond to a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we have on hand.
- Manage and fulfil your orders. We may use your information to process and manage your online orders, payments, returns, and exchanges.
- Organize competitions and prize draws. When you choose to participate in our competitions, we may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions.
- To provide and facilitate service delivery to the user. Your information may be used to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Respond to user inquiries and provide assistance to users. We may use your information to respond to your questions and resolve any problems you may encounter while using our Services.
- To send you promotional and marketing communications. If your marketing preferences allow it, we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send us for marketing purposes. We will collect personal information from you when you express an interest in learning more about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing, or otherwise contacting us. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time (see “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below for more information).
- Provide you with targeted advertising. We may use your information to create and display personalised content and advertising (along with third-party partners) that is tailored to your interests and/or location, as well as to track its effectiveness.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Brief: We only share information with your permission, in order to comply with laws, provide services, protect your rights, or meet business obligations.
Based on the following legal basis, we may process or share your data that we hold:
- Consent: If you have given us specific permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose, we may process your data.
- Legitimate Interests: When it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests, we may process your data.
- Performance of a Contract: We may process your personal information if we have a contract with you and need to fulfil the terms of that contract.
- Legal Obligations: In order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena, we may disclose your information (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may share your information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with potential policy violations, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
In the following circumstances, we may need to process your data or share your personal information:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with or during the course of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or during the course of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Brief: Unless otherwise required by law, we keep your information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required or permitted for the purposes set out in this privacy notice (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice requires us to keep your personal information for longer than the duration of a user’s account with us.
If we no longer have a legitimate business reason to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or if that is not possible (for example, because your personal information is stored in backup archives), we will securely store it and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Brief: We use a system of organisational and technical security measures to protect your personal information.
We’ve put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the privacy of any personal data we handle. However, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information, despite our safeguards and efforts. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you are responsible for transmitting personal information to and from our Website. You should only use a secure environment to access the Website.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Brief: We do not intentionally collect data from children under the age of 18 or market to them.
We do not intentionally collect data from children under the age of 18 or market to them. By using the Website, you portray that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the legal guardian of a minor dependent and that you give permission to that minor’s use of the Website. If we discover that private details from users under the age of 18 have been collected, we will deactivate their account and take reasonable steps to remove the data from our records as soon as possible. Please contact us at email@example.com if you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under the age of 18.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Brief: You have rights in some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (UK), that give you more access to and control over your personal data. You have complete control over your account and can review, change, or terminate it at any time.
You have certain rights under applicable data protection laws in some regions (such as the EEA and the UK). These rights may include the ability to I request access to and a copy of your personal information, (ii) request rectification or erasure of your personal information, (iii) restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) data portability, if applicable. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Please use the contact information provided below to make such a request. Any request will be considered and responded to in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to the withdrawal of consent, nor will it affect the processing of your personal data carried out on the basis of lawful processing grounds other than consent. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom and believe we are processing your personal data unlawfully, you have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority. Their contact information can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you live in Switzerland, you can find the contact information for the data protection authorities here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about your privacy rights.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
Opting out of email marketing: You can opt out of receiving our marketing email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in our emails or contacting us using the information below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list; however, we may continue to communicate with you for non-marketing purposes, such as sending you service-related emails that are required for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other reasons. You may contact us using the contact information provided if you wish to opt-out in any other way.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Many web browsers, as well as some mobile operating systems and applications, have a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting that you can enable to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities tracked and collected. At this time, there is no universal technology standard for recognising and implementing DNT signals. As a result, we currently do not respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your preference to not be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted in the future that we must follow, we will notify you in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Brief: Yes, if you live in California, you have specific rights when it comes to access to your personal information.
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, allows California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, as well as the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the previous calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please write to us at the address listed below.
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Brief: Yes, we will update this notice as needed to ensure that we comply with all applicable laws.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. An updated “Revised” date will be displayed next to the updated version, and it will take effect as soon as it is available. We may notify you of material changes to this privacy notice by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice on a regular basis to stay informed about how we protect your data.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), at email@example.com or by mail at:
P.O. Box 212
13. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
In some circumstances, you may have the right to request access to, change, or delete the personal information we collect from you, depending on the laws in your country. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a review, update, or deletion of your personal information.